Friday, February 9, 2007

Pacific Shoreline

On Sunday, I participated in my second half marathon. The Pacific Shoreline was an awesome event. If you are looking for a full or half marathon, or even a 5K in February, there is nothing better than the Pacific Shoreline. They've got great weather, high turnout, an outstanding view of the coast line, unique surfboard finishers medallions, and top it all off with a beer garden at the finish line. The beer garden might have been the motivating factor for me to turn in a new personal best! I ran my first half a month earlier and finished with a time of 2:40:59. Four short weeks later, I cut over a minute off my pace and finished with a time of 2:26:22. I was very happy with these results and really enjoyed those beers at the finish line. I think that is my new prerequisite for signing up for races.

2 comments:

Duane said...

Way to go!

Joy | Love | Chaos said...

I'm so jealous of the views! Way to go!