Monday, March 26, 2007

Busy, busy, busy...

Well, it's been awhile since I've updated my blog. I just got back from another business trip. Speaking of that, in preparing for my trip, I realized how running has become so much a part of my daily routine. When packing for the trip, it was automatic for me to include my running shoes and enough gym clothes for the week. When on the road, I don't have to feel guilty that the family is at home waiting for me, so I tend to run more often.

This trip instead of doing my usual 4-6-4 during the week, I ran a daily 5K, in preparation for the Carlsbad 5000 this weekend. I haven't run a 5K since November when I ran the Dana Point Turkey Trot (31:52). Since then, I've focused on distance runs participating in two half-marathons and training for my first marathon (which has been going really well lately). I am currently up to, and routinely been running, a 10 mile long run on the weekends. And after this weekend, I'll begin gradual increases to my long run to prepare myself for the Rock n Roll Marathon in San Diego on June 3rd. I think my speed and endurance have improved and I am anxious to see my results this weekend. My goal for the Carslbad 5000 is to come in under 30 mins. Wish me luck.

No comments: